Sunday, February 07, 2010

It's Been Over a Year and Time to Write

Wow! How could it have been over a year since I last wrote something here?

For over a year I have been a member of the ever growing Facebook family. It has been a wonderful place to reconnect with long lost friends, co-workers, neighbors, as well as a great way to have more frequent communication with family members.

Right before the holidays one of my dearest friends from elementary, middle and high school "friended" on FB. I had lost contact with him a few years ago and it was great to hear from him. Chatting with him brought back memories of lots of fun times. I remembered that I had some mementos from school and dug them out. Among them was a diary I had kept in middle and high school. Just a few sentences written some days, but a fun look into the past. I shared entries that contained comments about my friend and we laughed alot.

The holiday cleaning frenzy began and I put the diary away. This week, much to my surprise, my high school senior prom date found me on Facebook. Again, I remembered the diary and went to get it to see what I might have entered about him and the prom. But, it is no where to be found.

Usually if I put something away and can't find it I'll remember in the middle of the night. But I've looked for the diary all week. The only middle of the night thought came last night when I realized not only is the diary "missing in action" but, so is an autograph book that I had with it.

I have searched every nook and cranny of the house several times. I have looked in tote bags, boxes, drawers, closets, even went through the Christmas decoraton boxes but the books have just vanished. Where could they have gone?

What a mystery! I'm certain that one day I will open a box or a cabinet and they will be there, right where I put them but I can't think of a place I haven't searched. It is driving me crazy that I cannot find the books!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed. You are very talented. You understand "Writing Down the Bones." You have a devoted reader.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home