Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I Know You Won't Believe It Another New Entry

OK, so what in the world are the TV stations thinking! I know I should have a digital recorder and other new technology so this wouldn't be a problem but I don't. Tonight's TV listings include: the results show for Dancing with the Stars, LOST, the Project Runway finale (yes, Clare I got hooked too!) and for those who don't have jobs and can stay awake late enough to watch the season opener for Top Chef (at 11 pm). I guess if you are a chef, that's about the time you'd get home to start watching TV. I just don't understand why all "the good stuff" is on the same night. There's not much on TV on Monday or Tuesday night...except Deal or No Deal. Thursday night has the millionth season of ER, I'm sorry but after George Clooney went off and Dr. Green died the show just wasn't as good so. The strange thing is, that the first few weeks I stayed at the apartment I didn't have cable. I could get about 5 stations and some were very fuzzy, now I do have cable and I don't think there's much more to watch.

Totally different subject...Printers
When I reconnected my printer to my computer it stopped working. I kept getting an error message that the printer was busy. It wasn't busy, it wasn't doing anything. After much trial and error I decided I had a bad printer cable. Saturday morning I went to Office Depot and purchased a cable for $30+, before coming home I stopped a Target. I always check the end caps of the aisles for clearance sale items. Guess what, the exact cable I needed was there for less than $4. So I bought it too. I came home and tried the $4 cable, it didn't work. I didn't open the $30+ cable. The Sunday paper contained a flyer from Office Depot advertising the printer I really wanted for just a little over $100. So, I took the cable and receipt and headed out for Office Depot. (I hate returning things, so this was really big.) I returned the cable and bought the new printer. When I got home I installed the software and the new printer refused to work. I uninstalled the software and tried to reinstall, same results. I did a system restore on my computer and contacted the online chat tech support. A really nice guy named Rick (probably not his real name.) gave me some advice...download the software from the web site. I did that...it took forever. Then I tried opening the downloaded file after about 20 minutes my computer just turned off. The next day I tried again with the same results. OK so this is building a case for buying a new computer too. Today I told Lee (my son-in-law) about the problems, he suggested seeing if I could just download the printer drivers. So, tonight I put the CD that came with the printer back into the drive. I selected Custom Install, even the the screen warned this was for Advanced Computer Users ONLY. I clicked off all the checkmarks except for the drivers. Lo and behold in less than 5 minutes the drivers were installed, I didn't even have to restart the computer and I was able to print a document!!!!!!!!

Next I have to tackle getting this computer to talk to my camera so I can add some pictures to this blog!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally got your printer cable working. Check out my blog - don't stress about being bored on Monday nights...WATCH HEROES. You will love it. I promise. It's like Lost, but better. And don't worry, the first episode of Top Chef has been on about 20 times since they premiered it after the project runway finale. The real question is - do you think Jeffrey cheated?

Oh, and nobody's messing with Thursday night because CSI and Grey's Anatomy are on during the second hour of prime...it's like the other networks just don't want to mess with it.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Leezell said...

Holy Cow!! I had just stopped checking your blog until tonight for some strange reason I clicked on it from Clare's and SHAZAM...TWO NEW ENTRIES!! Did you remember your Blogger password?? "Good job, Greenie!" as Hutch would say. :)

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home